Shop My Home
Builtin Queen Bunkbed
- The Bunk Room is a queen over queen builtin bunk bed wrapped in shiplap, complete with a bookcase for each cubby, secret door in the slat wall, and slide! The bunks were custom built to the shape of the room, but an overview of the build can be found here.
Constellation Stencil Color Block Walls
- The color block walls are a combination of SW extra white and SW Still Water with a constellation and star stencil over the top section (full tutorial & tips for stenciling here). The walls I did paint with a roller and brush while the bunkbed I did spray with a paint sprayer.
All your paint sprayer vs. rolling questions answered here.
Sources, Links, Discount Codes, & Paint Colors below.
- Beddy’s Zipper Bedding: First Class Luxe
– CODE: HONEYBUILTHOME for 20% off Bedding
Web Based Software to Draw Up Plans: Sketchup
Constelation Stencil: Cutting Edge Stencils
Pinterest Inspiration Board
Stainmaster Carpet – Blog Post Here
- Bunk Bed: Sherwin Williams Emerald Still Water in SatinWall Color: SW 6223 Still Water Eggshell
Wall Color: SW 7006 Extra White Eggshell
Ceiling: SW 7006 Extra White Flat
Trim Color: BM OC-23 Classic Gray Satin
Door Color: SW 6991 Black Magic Satin
- Star Color: SW 6121 Whole Wheat Satin
Moon Base Color: SW 6121 Whole Wheat
Moon Shadow Color: SW 6172 Chatroom with stencil. Then mixed chatroom with a dab of black acrylic paint to darken it. Without washing brush dabbed brush in glow in the dark acrylic paint to blend and create a cloudy and dimensional moon.
- Builtin Desk: Maple Plywood + Flagstone Stain
Bunk Bed Trim: Ash Hardwood, no stain.
Bunk Bed Slat Wall: Pine 1×2 Stain: White Wash topped with Flagstone.
DIY Beginner Basics
DIY Beginner Basics is here to help get you comfortable with power tools and finishing supplies (such as paint), so you can start tackling your own honey-do list and save thousands, all while getting the satisfaction of saying, “yeah, I built that!”
Follow me on instagram